Draw Fire (Unique)
When going into battle, roll
+Constitution. On a 10+, you can choose what the enemy decides is the biggest threat. On a 7-9, the enemy decides you are the biggest threat. On a miss, the GM chooses what the enemy decides is the biggest threat
+boosted on rolls you make against gangs one size larger than you, and
+elevated on rolls you make against gangs two or more sizes larger than you.
The way you move unencumbered counts helps defend you. If you’re naked or nearly naked, gain
+1Constitution (max +3) while rolling the damage move. You need to really be naked or nearly naked; catsuits don’t count.
When you enter into a charged situation, roll
+Charisma. On a 10+, hold 2. On a 7–9, hold 1. Spend your hold 1 for 1 to make eye contact with an NPC present (even a nonhuman creature or machine, as long as they can ‘see’ you, who freezes or flinches and can’t take action until you break it off. On a miss, your enemies identify you immediately as their foremost threat.
+2harm when unarmed.
One Mask (to see people far away) +tech +bio +far
- Tell me the story of how you were chosen to join the White Tooth Lodge. Make it a good one.
- Those who tell the tales of the past could regale you of time when earlier people discovered a way to change their very being. They say this was after a time when a war between walking tech and the people of the land had ended. With different tech, a masterful techshaman of that time, and an understand of the abilities of flora & fauna, people were able to gain the ability to run faster, see father, and in rare cases fly. These changes were absolute and, in time, traits that the changed person had were passed down to their offspring. As their population grew, these people were called “Geni”. Kada is one of these Geni.
- Kada grew up learning that the Geni have changed since their small beginnings. The first Geni who were created for beauty were given great status because of it. But as many cycles passed, other Geni, created to work and protect, became more important to the whole. Since many cycles have passed with Geni of many types marrying and having offspring, one does not know what type of Geni their child will be until puberty. That is when the change take hold of a young Geni and their station is revealed. Guardians (Geni who are suited for fighting) are often given to the White Tooth Lodge when it is finally realized what type of Geni the person is. Kada is one of the few Guardians to be born in recent years.
- You have a mentor in the Lodge. What did they teach you? Do you get along with them?
- Kada’s mentor is an older guardian named Eilat River-Warden. Their relationship is very much a teacher/student kinship, and Eilat never fails to remind Kada of this fact. Often with a smile on her face. Kada respect Eilat in the highest regard.
- Eilat River-Warden has trained Kada in various forms of martial art styles, since she is a master of many herself. She also trained Kada on how to hunt a prey.
- Who are your family? Where are they now?
- Rott is Kada father. A Geni who is very intelligent and good with his hands. He works in the Tinker’s Lodge. Kada’s older brother, Dogo, is a stunning and charismatic Geni. He is a fisherman that trades up and down the river.
- What do you want to be that you are not?
- Kada wishes he could be charming like his brother. He knows he needs to be tough and fight for his people, but sometimes he wishes he had to patience to solve a conflict with dialogue instead.
- What do you love most of all?
- Kada love’s a necklace that he wears. It was his grandmother’s and was passed down to him when she died. It just a simple, smooth, shiny, black sphere with no markings on it, but it means the world to him.
- What do you fear most of all?
- Kada fear that he will fail as a Guardian and have a life, that he was to protect, be lost by his missteps.
- Do you want bad candy?