All characters have six stats:
The names are familiar, but check the Basic Moves, Battle Moves, and Personal Moves lists to see precisely what abilities correspond to them as some of them may not be completely intuitive. In particular, note that use of Tech artifacts generally keys off Intelligence while the use of tech-spirit moves keys off Wisdom.
Stats range from -2 to +3, with an average stat being 0. A score of +1 or higher represents noticeably above-average abilities.
Stats are determined through a simple point-buy system, as follows:
- You have 6 points to distribute at your discretion.
- All stats begin at +0.
- A stat of +1 costs 1 point
- A stat of +2 costs 3 points
- A stat of +3 costs 6 points
- A stat of -1 gives you 1 extra point
- A stat of -2 gives you 3 extra points.